Friday, May 12, 2006

FIRST BLOOD, an Anniversary

Y'all know what day it is. That's right - May 12th. Or as we say in my house, "Strafford Day".
Can you believe its been just 366 years since Thomas Wentworth, the Earl of Strafford was beheaded on Tower Hill. and the revolution drew its first blood? Man, does time ever fly. I know I'm supposed to hate Strafford, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him. I mean, he wasn't nearly the kind of evil fuck that Laud was. Its a shame he was the first to go.
Anyway, here's to 366 long years of RAISING HELL

5 Comments:

Blogger Bethlehem Shoals said...

congratulations on your first day of traffic!!!!! 150 right out the gate--i guarantee you that's better than a certain other silverbird5000 production did in its first WEEK!!!!!!

also this is such a thing of pristine beauty--you really should hook up word verification so it doesn't get foiled by spam

10:39 PM  
Blogger shoefly said...

JOhn Pym baby! Let's get more content on the man. A true rev all the way, hanky!

10:52 AM  
Blogger SilverBird5000 said...

neil scientist,

ok, so aesthetically laud wasn't so bad (its hard to hate a guy who introduced the BOOK OF SPORTS), but from the standpoint of the revolution, dude was the worst. i just love the revolution too much not to hate him.

(its kind of surreal to find myself commenting on my own fake blog)

1:03 PM  
Blogger El Huracan Andreo said...

i just shat myself in laughter.

11:59 AM  
Blogger T McLaughlin said...

Wentworth, hell of a guy. Strafford, the city by the bay! Woo!

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker